Sunday, March 4, 2007

DARE2SHARE!!!

I just got back from the DARE2SHARE-Gameday conference with my youth group! and let me tell you it was AMAZING! I could feel God in the midst! there was 4500 students all worshiping together and learning how to share their faith! And that feeling of being surrounded by people your age who want to serve God is INCREDIBLE! I have been a Christian for a long time, but i have always struggled with being BOLD about my faith, with just putting aside my own fears and doubts and putting that persons eternal life in my mind... This conference showed me how! It was a blast getting to hang out with all my friends and hear bands such as Starfield, Rachel Washington, and Superchic[k]; but this conference was sooooo much more then any of that! It was about seeing lives--including my own-- transformed! So because I am so excited I would like to give you the who, what, where, when and why of gameday!

What is GAMEDAY???
Gameday = When you JUMP out of your comfort zone and reach your friends, neighbors, family, school, work for Christ and do it with a fire and a passion that makes them truly want to know the difference!

When is GAMEDAY???
Yesterday is already gone,
tomorrow may never come,
TODAY IS GAMEDAY!

Who is responsible to get off the bench and get in the game at GAMEDAY???
Anyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ is responsible to PREACH THE WORD!
To GO - In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:1-2
It is time to get out there and preach the Word to ANYONE who will listen!
To FIGHT- For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 2 Timothy 4:3-4
We are fighting FOR them, not fighting them! The reward is their eternal life. whether they spend eternity in Heaven or in Hell is what we are trying to determine! Christ is giving them the opportunity, and he is COMMANDING us to get off the bench and tell them!
To Win- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7-8
If we are willing to follow God's command, we WILL receive the crown of life which He has promised! so PERSEVERE!

Where is GAMEDAY???
Gameday is EVERYWHERE! your school, home, workplace, neighborhood, and yes even your church!

So let's get our heads in the game!

No comments: