Sunday, December 10, 2006

So much to say... So why didn't I say it?

Have you ever had that feeling after a conversation where you cannot stop thinking about what you should have said? Well, yesterday I answered the door and two ladies were standing there with books and pamphlets... and as some may have guessed they were Jehovah's witness'... They asked if my parents were around and while my parents were in the other room they wanted ME to handle it alone. And I was left there dumfounded... they asked there questions and made there statements and yet, me--a girl who has been a Christian for 9 years, someone who has been in deep Bible classes since kindergarten, a Pastor's daughter, someone who always imagined defending the faith for some great cause--I didn't say a word to challenge their beliefs to stand up for the faith i cling to... After accepting a flyer to try to get them to leave and closing the door i felt guilty. more guilty then I can ever remember feeling because i saw my oppurtunity and ignored it... for soo long i have prayed that God would send me an oppurtunity to witness to someone and when He did, I in my selfishness chose not to respond... All day long verses i had memorized came to my head about Christ being God and how the Trinity is equal and the same yet different and I continually thought "Why didn't i say that?" or "Wow i should have showed them that..." immediatly after closing that door i walked to the back room where my mom was and responded with "Thanks for the help it was greatly appreciated..." and though at the time it was pure sarcasm, i see now that it truly was help because I learned that Faith is one thing and APPLICATION with FAITH is another thing entirely...
James 2:14-19
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
I Know now that God has changed the way I look at witnessing... because now I have seen first hand what a missed oppurtunity looks like, and it is not pleasant... I challenge you to be willing to put feet on faith!!! And hey, the next time your doorbell rings, why don't you be the one with YOUR Bible in hand?
I am ready to be a light now even if that means a little but of work and even resistence or persecution because Jesus Christ went though soooo much for me.... Life is not about me, when I look at my feelings at that doorway i was thinking about me and because of that all words of God that i knew were gone because I didn't ask for His help... So I decide to take a stand the next time I answer that door and find myself getting the oppurtunity to stand up for the God that died for me...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Kristi Joy!
I'm so glad you have a blog now! How are things going in your neck of the woods? I haven't seen you guys in forever and we miss your family a ton! I hope to see many more posts from you soon! Thanks for posting!

Kristi Joy said...

Hey Amy!
Thanks! I am soo excited to get a blog!everything has been good here... busy, but good! We miss you too! and i was wanting to tell you Happy Birthday recently! (I couldn't remember the exact date but I know it's around here somewhere!) anyways, I hope to see more of your blogs as well! Talk to you later!

Brent Klontz said...

Love you sister and I know God will use this experience to grow you. I've had so many just like it myself. Your brother Brent